Gourmet Girl's Totally Food Related Film Reviews

Monday, August 14, 2006

THE DESCENT (A.K.A WOMEN DON'T LET SHIT GO!)


Generally, I hate going to the city on my days off. But at the promise of a Grande blackberry green tea frapachino, I agreed to meet up with my hubby and see The Descent.

It turned out to be fabulous. I especially approved of the sweet taste of honeydew…Oh, yeah, so was the movie.

Twenty minutes into it (the movie, that is), the audience screamed collectively at the first scary scene. Not Bad, considering how desensitized we all are these days. Another five minutes later, the gang sitting in front of us started commenting cheerfully, “Oh, sh-iate!”, like how the Scottish character pronounced “shit” in the film. Not bad at all. For the entire movie, I was thoroughly scared, entertained, and forgot about all the food-related problems in this world for 90 minutes straight.

I highly recommend it if you are into horror flicks. Just don’t have a manicure right before, because it would just be a waste of time.

This movie makes me want to have:

JAMBA JUICE, LOTS & LOTS OF THEM, BECAUSE HIS MOVIE MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN A CAVE FOR 90 MINUTES AND IN NEED OF SOME HEALTHY REFRESHMENT. BUT NO RED FRUITS IN MY SMOOTHIE, PLEASE. I'VE HAD PLENTY DOSES OF GORE …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home